“Lessons are very well planned and structured.” “We always get thorough oral and written feedback.” “We have already learnt many things we didn’t know before, e.g. the essence of a story, how to use the formula to ‘pitch’ a story etc.” “I like his teaching style.” “He gets the best out of us.”Manager’s summary of learner feedback from Ian’s Creative Writing courses, October 2013
Subscribe to the blog... we'll email you when new articles are published.
- CITIZENS: Excision – interactive series
- Course: Getting Your Writing Published & Produced – book now!
- Creative Writing courses – open to all across Birmingham!
- Current Productions…
- Donate and Invest in my work…
- One-Tweet Reviews
- Script Consultatancy & Writer Development… now as Director of World Wide Development for WriteMovies.
- Script Readings and analysis… (WriteMovies Director of World Wide Development, and freelance)
- The Mourning After – sensuous, satiric short film – view it here!
- Winning writing is a team game: winning competitions is only the start…
- INSIGHTS – Sociopaths: What really makes people (and characters) ‘bad’ or ‘evil’ (or sometimes just brilliant) – PART TWO
- INSIGHTS – Sociopaths: What really makes people (and characters) ‘bad’ or ‘evil’ (or sometimes just brilliant) – PART ONE
- Insights: Why you Should ‘twin’ your Protagonist and Antagonist
- Insights: Character Driven Storytelling – why it has to be your characters who are driving your story forward
- Articles & Features for Magazines & Newspapers (6)
- Awards & Nominations (3)
- Broadcast Credits (8)
- Children's Series (1)
- Demos and Samples (2)
- Developing Other Writers – Training & Teaching (8)
- Directing credits (5)
- Documentaries (2)
- In Development (16)
- Productions (5)
- Projects and Partnerships (14)
- Radio Production (6)
- Resources & Downloads (12)
- Reviews of my work (1)
- Script Editing & Script Reading (13)
- Short Films (4)
- Talks and Events (3)
- Theatre (3)
- Theatre Directing (1)
- Web Series (4)
- Web videos (4)
- Writing (35)