“A radio drama development producer told me in 2004 that the BBC receives about 10,000 radio drama scripts a year, of which only 1,000 have a realistic chance of commissioning, and then there are only slots for a few hundred of those anyway; so, regardless of the quality and relevance of your script, you could always be unlucky (e.g: Sorry, we did a piece about fishing in Scotland last year…), which means it is vital not to have unrealistic expectations or to take any disappointments personally.”Ian Kennedy – in a Script Reading for a client, 2010
Subscribe to the blog... we'll email you when new articles are published.
- CITIZENS: Excision – interactive series
- Course: Getting Your Writing Published & Produced – book now!
- Creative Writing courses – open to all across Birmingham!
- Current Productions…
- Donate and Invest in my work…
- One-Tweet Reviews
- Script Consultatancy & Writer Development… now as Director of World Wide Development for WriteMovies.
- Script Readings and analysis… (WriteMovies Director of World Wide Development, and freelance)
- The Mourning After – sensuous, satiric short film – view it here!
- Winning writing is a team game: winning competitions is only the start…
- INSIGHTS – Sociopaths: What really makes people (and characters) ‘bad’ or ‘evil’ (or sometimes just brilliant) – PART TWO
- INSIGHTS – Sociopaths: What really makes people (and characters) ‘bad’ or ‘evil’ (or sometimes just brilliant) – PART ONE
- Insights: Why you Should ‘twin’ your Protagonist and Antagonist
- Insights: Character Driven Storytelling – why it has to be your characters who are driving your story forward
- Articles & Features for Magazines & Newspapers (6)
- Awards & Nominations (3)
- Broadcast Credits (8)
- Children's Series (1)
- Demos and Samples (2)
- Developing Other Writers – Training & Teaching (8)
- Directing credits (5)
- Documentaries (2)
- In Development (16)
- Productions (5)
- Projects and Partnerships (14)
- Radio Production (6)
- Resources & Downloads (12)
- Reviews of my work (1)
- Script Editing & Script Reading (13)
- Short Films (4)
- Talks and Events (3)
- Theatre (3)
- Theatre Directing (1)
- Web Series (4)
- Web videos (4)
- Writing (35)