I’m running several Creative Writing courses covering adult learners of all abilities, and an observed lesson has already been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Line Manager. I’m here to help, if you’d like me to help you improve your writing too…Whatever your level, I can help your writing or your learners too – book your consultation now by emailing email@example.com. Here, unabridged, is the feedback I received in October 2013 from observations of my ongoing, mixed-abilities Creative Writing courses for Birmingham Adult Education Service.
Explanations given by the tutor are very clear and understanding is being checked throughout the session.
The tutor is very much acting as a facilitator throughout the session, which gives him the opportunity to give continuous one to one feedback and support.
- Excellent peer assessment and assessment for learning has taken place.
- All activities are learner centred.
- Excellent questioning technique to elicit previous knowledge.
- Lesson very well structured.
- Cohesive SOW [Scheme of Work] and lesson plans.
- Tutor very aware of the strengths ad weaknesses and progress of each single learner.
- Excellent differentiation seen in class and on Group Profile [form]
Summary of learner feedback:
- Lessons are very well planned and structured.
- We always get thorough oral and written feedback.
- We have already learnt many things we didn’t know before, e.g. the essence of a story, how to use the formula to “pitch” a story etc.
- I like his teaching style.
- He gets the best out of us.
This was an outstanding lesson because:
- All learners achieved their personal learning goal.
- The tutor takes immediate action after learners’ feedback and adapts his plan and teaching style accordingly.
- He is very aware of the learners’ various backgrounds and learning styles which feeds into his lesson planning and individual support.
- He has an excellent knowledge and passion for his subject which motivates and inspires the learners.
Whatever your level, I can help your writing or your learners too – book your consultation now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.